Whether you’re building a new home, renovating an existing garden, wanting an exterior style makeover for your older home, restoring a historic home, putting in a swimming pool, or building an alfresco area, we’ll always start with an initial consultation.
Getting ready for your design consultation
- Complete our landscape design questionnaire: this helps us make the best use of our consultation time.
- Create a Pinterest board: pin a selection of images you love in preparation for our meeting. Visit Lisa Harper Designs on Pinterest to get started – we’ve separated all aspects of outdoor living for easy pinning. Have fun with this as a family.
- Make lists of the ‘nice to haves’ and the ‘must haves’. Try to limit your final image board to your most loved 20 images to make decision making easier.
- Share your site and building plans.
- Send us your site photos if we are working remotely.
Your initial design consultation
We’ll meet for 90 minutes, and this is where we really get to know your family’s needs and garden requirements.
This can be done in person (if you’re in the Melbourne Metro area) or online (if you’re further afield). Be prepared to answer lots more questions about your ideas, dreams and lifestyle.
We’ll dig deep to understand how you want to spend time outside – whether you’re a family of entertainers, veggie gardeners, or sustainability champions, we’ll work out what you need in each of your outdoor spaces.
We’ll help you to prioritise your overflowing wish list and we’ll work out what’s possible on your site within your budget. We’ll take some photos and review your architectural house plans (if you have them), your Google Earth site plan, site considerations and limitations, and the overall scope of work.
With our gentle guidance, you’ll imagine your finished garden. Together, we’ll build your landscape design mood board – the vision that encapsulates the style for all of the elements in your exterior living spaces.
After the meeting
We’ll go away and refine the vision and scope, and send it to you along with a Landscape Design Fee Proposal.
The fee proposal tells you how much your landscape design will cost. It confirms the scope of work and explains how the rest of the design process works. Once you approve the fee, we move on to designing your concept plans.
Initial consultation fee
The initial landsdcape design consultation costs $550 – $650 Melbourne Metropolitan Areas plus GST and includes:
- A 90 minute consultation
- A completed landscape design vision board
- Material suggestions, finish ideas, colour palette, garden ornamentation ideas and overall style makeover advice.
- Outdoor entertaining area design, pergola design, alfresco design, outdoor kitchen design, fire pit design, and built-in seating design.
- Pool renovation and design, pool layout based on easements and functional flow, pool material suggestions.
- Exterior finishes, decks, paved areas, driveway material, and edging style, making sure it suits your property and design direction and creating a cohesive style.
- Privacy and screening design, including plants, timber slats, lattice or composite screens.
- Planting styles and general plant selection advice to match your chosen design style. We also advise which existing plants need removal if they encroach on foundations, or may cause structural issues later on.
- We can suggest arborists to check the health and longevity of any trees you already have onsite which you are not sure about. We can also suggest Council Arborist Appointments if we think a tree needs checking for protection or removal.
- Possible restrictions and limitations, like easements, building overhangs, building shadows and possible council regulations for your area.
- No sketches are provided with this service.
- Fees are due on the day of the appointment, we have credit card facilities for you for immediate payment or direct bank transfer.