Image of Lisa Harper and Molly by Gorta Yuuki Photographer for Home Beautiful Magazine
Home garden consultations
Expert, tailored advice in your own garden.
Do you have questions about your garden and need expert advice?
- Are you feeling overwhelmed by your overgrown jungle and need something low maintenance to suit your busy lifestyle?
- Or are you a seasoned gardener wanting specialised advice on permaculture to make your garden produce more abundantly?
- Have you got pests and diseases that won’t go away?
- Not sure about what plants will thrive in your climate?
- Confused about even where to start?
Our general onsite garden consultation will help. After the consultation, you’ll feel in charge of your garden. It’s your own private class with a personal tutor, brimming with advice from a horticultural expert.
Image by Gorta Yuuki Photographer for Home Beautiful Magazine
60 minute garden problems and solution consultation are priced from $180 +gst.
If you need help with garden and plant problems from an expert, what’s holding you back? (This excludes landscape design information). See “Book a Consultation” for this service.
What is included in a garden problem and solution consultation?
In a 60-minute general garden problem consultation, we can usually cover one or two topics in detail, or several topics (excluding design) more briefly. If you have lots of questions, let’s book a longer consultation.
Landscape Design Consultations are more intensive and specialised see more info below and “Book a Consultation”. Travel time is added to your Melbourne Consultation and to consultations outside the Melbourne metropolitan area, this is charged at a lower hourly rate from our Mordialloc office. Longer appointments are available and charged at $180/hr.
- A 60 minute personalized onsite garden problem solving consultation with expert advice on any topic you choose (excluding planting design)
- An action plan or summary report sent at time of visit.
Landscape Design Consultations
- 1. Mini Onsite Design Consultation $550/hr plus gst
- 2. Landscape Design Consultation $550 – $650 /90 minutes Metro Areas plus travel plus gst (Country Areas are POA) each consultation is structured differently for your design needs. (Please “Book a consultation” for a detailed brief.
- Landscape Design Consultations are for people who know you need a landscape design and planting plan with details such as; pool design, alfresco design, flower gardens, and all the components of a full landscape design, perfect for renovators, if you area building a home, planning a country property, permaculture design or updating an old garden. See “Book a Consultation” for more detailed brief.
- Mini Onsite Design Consultations are for people who need some design ideas on paper, including planting designs, for smaller or simple projects. Not suitable for new home builds, renovations, or land and home sites over 500m2. Perfect for courtyard gardens, townhouse gardens, small gardens, backyard or front yard designs ideas without built components for council submission.
Identify unknown plants and share plant care tips
Suggest best new plants for climate, location, and style
Discuss general garden issues and problems
Review problem areas and suggest solutions
Irrigation systems, rainwater tanks, and grey water
Share sustainable, low-water use garden ideas
Show you how and when to prune to encourage growth
Learn how to live with or manage pests and diseases
Fertilising, composting, and worm farms
Soil testing and improvement strategies
Suggest ideal turf types and discuss lawn care
Explain mulching and weed control strategies
Edible garden and backyard orchard ideas
Raised garden beds and wicking garden bed advice
Impact of local rain, sun, wind, soil, and slopes
Get local recommendations for top suppliers
Mini onsite design consultations – from $550/ hr plus gst plus $60/hr travel (Min 2 hours booking time)
If you need the help and ideas of an expert, what’s holding you back?
What is included in a mini design consultation?
Using your architectural floor and or site plans
Sketch a basic 2D design
Possible hard surfaces (Driveway, Paths)
Estimated plant selection and numbers
Placement of trees and hedges
Soil Improvement suggestions
Travel charged at $60/hour from Mordialloc
Suitable for small areas and courtyards
What’s not included in the mini design consultation:
- Full coded and coloured planting plan
- Hard Surface plan and calculations
- Hard surface selection
- Plant images and options
- Sectional elevations
- Retaining walls
- Electrical plan
- Complete 2D plans for Landscaping purposes
- 3D Rendered Images
- 3D Video
- Furniture selection
- Colour and style recommendations
- Irrigations suggestion
- Tree planting guide
Our happy customers.
“We contacted Lisa to help us makeover our tired, lost garden in preparation for the sale of our home. She did a great job, redefining the overgrown garden with new plants in her design, she helped style my outdoor areas to make it really beautiful again which really helped with a quick sale of our Sandringham home. We have hired Lisa a number of times now to help redesign our garden and would highly recommend her, she has a really good knowledge of horticulture and plants and could really deliver what we want to makeover our outdoor living areas.”
Lisa, Black Rock
“Before hiring Lisa Harper to design and renovate our garden, it was overgrown, boring, and hard to maintain. Working with Lisa on the design we were able to communicate our wants and needs and see them incorporated into the design, the transformation was amazing. Lisa made it much more functional, enjoyable and has added thousands to the value of our property. I would recommend using Lisa to transform your garden, we have been very happy with the result.”
John “Belmont”, Tasmania
Frequently asked questions.
How can permaculture principles help my garden?
Permaculture is a philosophy centred around caring for the earth, caring for people, and creating ecosystems that are self-sustaining. A permaculture inspired garden can save you time and money while producing abundant organic food. After being raised on a self sufficient farm, we’re very passionate about permaculture at Lisa Harper Designs, and we’d love to share our knowledge with you.
How can a garden consultation help me?
If you’ve got a specific problem to solve, or you’re completely lost on what to do with your garden, a garden consultation can provide advice and guidance. With our support, you’ll have more confidence in nurturing, and maintaining your garden. It can also help you avoid costly mistakes and achieve a beautiful, thriving garden faster. Landscape design consultations are more focused and intensive and charged differently. Please specify what you need when you email or call.
What is a general garden consultation vs a landscape design consultation?
Our general garden consultation service involves us visiting your garden and answering questions, providing customised advice, teaching gardening techniques, and helping you solve your gardening problems.
A landscape design consultation involves us visiting you onsite and we discuss developing your design vision a detailed design brief which helps you outline your ideas for your new garden. Lisa will guide you and make suggestions as to what will and won’t work for your specific site or project. Please specify what you need when you make an appointment.
Book your tailored consultation now.
- “General Garden Problem Solving Consultations” are priced from $180 + gst * 60 minutes
- “Landscape Design Consultations” are $450 +gst * for the full design process to begin, 90 minutes are required.
- “Mini Onsite Design Consultation” $550 (minimum booking 2 hours) + gst * for this service.
*Travel time is charged at $60/hr from Aspendale
Please specify what you need. Payments are due on the day of consultations. We’ll confirm your fees when you confirm your booking.